Eurocargo: the most suitable truck for every application - thanks to sound engineering, great manoeuvrability and a range that is unparalleled. With the Eurocargo, Iveco offers customers and bodybuilders a custom made vehicle for any transport requirement in the middleweight sector.
The secret of the Eurocargo's success lies in its versatility:
- it is easy to drive, even in city centres thanks to a compact cab, an excellent steering angle (52 degrees) and a tight turning circle (starting from just over 11 m between kerbs);
- at the same time it offers excellent performance on long trips or on particularly difficult missions (up to 300 HP and 1,050 Nm of torque).
The Eurocargo is also a reference point in its category for its chassis. The structure (strong high tensile longitudinal steel beams) is completely flat and free from obstructions and allows bodylengths from 4,135 to 10,550 mm. This enables the Eurocargo to be easily adapted for any type of mission: from urban delivery to construction site work, from goods transport to municipal services. The Eurocargo is a vehicle which was born to be profitable, reliable and long-lasting.
- Because of the Tector Common Railturbocharged engines with waste-gates, the Eurocargo boasts the lowest fuel consumption in its category.
- All Tector engines are available with EEV (Enhanced Environmentally-Friendly Vehicles) engines as standard. In addition the SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction via the use of AdBlue additive) technology, adopted by Iveco on its entire medium to heavy range of vehicles, contributes to lower operating costs (with 5% lower fuel consumption).
- The Tector engine range offers low weight, requires less frequent maintenance and guarantees greater reliability. In fact, unlike EGR, SCR does not involve recirculation of hot exhaust gas back into the combustion chamber. The performance of Tector engines is at the absolute top of it’s class, due to characteristics of excellence such as:
- The best torque to displacement ratio; greaterflexibility- the maximum torque is available at low rpm (max torque as low as 1,200 rpm) and is constant over a wide rev range. This guarantees smooth running, fewer gear changes and greater efficiency;
- reduced operating costs, with intervals between oil changes of up to 80,000 kmfor engine oil and 300,000kmfor transmission oil; quiet running, which is highly acceptable for vehicles in urban environments.
- Eurocargo customers can choose from three types of transmissions:
- automated Eurotronic 6speed transmissions as standardwith steering column controls in order to increase driving comfort and at the same time optimise consumption, manual 5, 6 and 9 speed transmissions with calibrated synchronisation to guarantee maximum ease of gear engagement, and automatictransmissionsfor simpler driving in the city where "stop & go" is the norm.
- Automated and manual transmissions are combined with "push type" clutches and with optional electronically activated powertake-offs(max torque capacity 1,000 Nm). On the Eurocargo engines an exhaustbrakeis also standard, with a butterfly valve in the exhaust manifold. This valve creates exhaust gas back-pressure which is useful for slowing down the engine and increasing braking power. The use of the exhaust brake cuts use of the service brake and thereforereduces brake wear. The mode of operation (on application of the footbrake or when lifting off the accelerator) can be selected by the driver.
- More torque, less consumption, high reliability:
- The turbocharger controlled by a waste-gatevalve limits pressure even at low rpm, optimisingtorqueandfuelconsumption. The limitation of pressure is essential for mechanical protection of the engine and the turbo.
- The waste-gate system permits turbo boost pressure to be kept constant, whilst allowing gradual pressure relief in certain conditions. It is this exhaust gas pressure which, having reached predetermined levels, opens a valve in the exhaust manifold. This permits by-pass of the gases before they impact on the turbo.
FRAME AND SUSPENSION
- Eurocargo adopts a strong high tensile steel chassis which is completely flat and free from obstructions and permits body lengths from 4,135 to 10,550 mm.
- The highly flexible galvanised steel cab - resistant to knocks, wear and tear and corrosion - makes the cab of the Eurocargo not only highly reliable structurally, but also a safe and protective environmentfor the driver and passengers.
- Eurocargo suspensions can beparabolic or multileaf steel springs, and rear airor full air with an ECAS(Electronically-Controlled Air Suspension) system to electronically adjust the frame height. The wide choice of options permits "tailor-made" configurations to be developed for specific missions and for the most frequent routes, ensuring safety and comfort in any road surface condition.
- Eurocargo offers a wide choice of cabs, characterised by easy accessibility (1 or 2 steps depending on the version) illuminated with spot lights. Anyone who climbs into the cab wants to have everything under controland wants to feel that the vehicle was designed for his or her needs. In order to improve functionality in urban missions, the Eurocargo adopts solutions which make crosscabaccesseasier:
- Dash mounted transmission control,
- low engine tunnel
- & a conveniently positioned park brake control.
- The driving area is ergonomically designed: 470 mm steering wheel, adjustable steering column, dash with built in sat-nav (available as an option), central instrument cluster and central module.
- The ergonomic driving positionalso permits easy access to accessory controls.
- The dash places everything within easy reach of the driver, who never has to take his attention off the road.
- The central module can house an integrated satellite navigation system.
- The optional air conditioning/heatingsystemmakes it possible to achieve the desired temperature in just a few seconds as well as optimum air distribution.
- The quality of finish and materials give the Eurocargo cab a touch of elegant functionality, and the excellent soundproofing makes it an ideal work environment.
- Eurocargo is the champion of visibilitya benefit emphasised by the size of the windscreen and the side windows - to which 6 external mirrorsare added: two main mirrors, two wide angles, one kerb view mirror and one forward field of vision mirror.
- All of the 4x2 versions have disk brakes on all four wheels, now with larger disks and pads on the 7 to 10 t GVW versions.
- On all products in the range the most advanced electronic safety systems have been introduced: ESP and ASR. Also, the electronic brake adjustment EBL (combined with the ABS) allows for a calibrated braking action so that all of the wheels maintain excellent grip on the ground.
WHY BUY A EUROCARGO?
POWER: Between 6 – 19 tonnes, whatever the mission, whatever the application, the new Eurocargo performs. It adapts to the most diverse situations: in town, out of town, on difficult terrain and in extreme climate conditions.
RELIABILITY: The Eurocargo is ideal for any type of bodywork or use. Top performance, low fuel consumption, quiet running, minimal emissions, and outstanding driving comfort: the Tector Common Rail engines that power the Eurocargo offer all this and reach the highest standards in terms of reliability and productivity.
COMMITMENT: The Eurocargo guarantees outstanding productivity thanks to the robustness and reliability of the engines, components and assemblies and the technology of the gearboxes, brakes and electronic safety systems. Every element adds to the certainty and peace of mind of being able to rely on a vehicle that can tackle and overcome every challenge, a vehicle born to offer maximum productivity and profitability.
PERFORMANCE: The Eurocargo is built with an extremely robust chassis, which has designed to make the vehicle easier to fit bodywork to. The parallel rail structure is constructed from special steel, the upper surface of which is completely free of obstruction, allowing the chassis to take any type of body, from the more traditional to the specialist and hi cube. The completely revamped cab was designed as an ideal working environment, starting with cab access, which has been improved thanks to the new steps and grab handles.